I am a Teaching Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics at NCSU and the coordinator for Distance Education in the Mathematics department.
If you are faculty trying to access the Online Teaching Resources, please contact me for the password.
- 2020-, Teaching Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, NCSU
- 2016-2020, Teaching Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, NCSU
- 2014-2016, MathCEP Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
- 2014, Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Advisor: Dr. Christopher K.R.T. Jones.
- 2009, B.S. in Mathematics/B.A. in French (with highest distinction), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Courses at NCSU
MA 116: Introduction to Scientific Programming (Matlab)
MA 242: Multivariable Calculus
MA 305: Introductory Linear Algebra and Matrices
MA 341: Applied Differential Equations I
MA 425: Mathematical Analysis I
MA 426: Mathematical Analysis II
MA 501: Advanced Mathematics for Engineers & Scientists I (PDEs)
MA 511: Advanced Calculus I
MA 523: Linear Transformations and Matrix Theory
Calculus I (UMTYMP)
Calculus III (UMTYMP)
Linear Algebra (UMTYMP)
Differential Equations with Applications
Selected Topics in Mathematics
- Duke TIP: Topology
- C.K.R.T. Jones and B. Maultsby, A dynamical approach to phytoplankton blooms, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, 37(2):859-878, November 2016.
- B. Maultsby, Uniqueness of solutions to singular -Laplacian equations with subcritical nonlinearity, Advances in Nonlinear Analysis, 6.1 (2016): 37-59.
- The Geometry of Radial States in Nonlinear Elliptic Problems, Ph.D. Thesis (2014).
- B. Maultsby, 2:1 spatial resonance in Langmuir circulation, Proceedings of the 2012 Program in Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (2012), 334-361.
Department of Mathematics at NC State
Mathematics Center for Educational Programs at the University of Minnesota
Mathematics and Climate Research Network
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution GFD Program